Ally Blake Romance Author - Blog

Latest news from Australian romance author Ally Blake, writer of fun, fresh flirty romance novels.

Friday 20 January 2006

seven for seven


I have been tagged by the fabulous Bronwyn Jameson, and since I am a list freak (read below!) I couldn’t help myself! Check out Bronwyn's blog to see who else has been tagged!

7 things I cannot do:
1. Cook.
2. Enjoy summer without six layers of sunscreen, a hat the size of a UFO and sunglasses.
3. Sleep without a cover of some sort.
4. Say something unpleasant without knocking on wood.
5. Jog.
6. Eat cooked mushroom.
7. Read one book at a time.

7 things to do before I die:
1. Karaoke (muchos Long Island Iced Teas will be necessary!)
2. Live at Lake Como for six months.
3. Meet John Christopher.
4. Stay in the Waldorf Astoria in New York. Almost did on honeymoon, but spent the cost of one night’s stay driving through New England instead!
5. Do a proper push-up.
6. Learn Italian.
7. Get laser eye surgery! Please, this year, please!!!

7 things that attract me to men:

1. The flutter in the tummy that comes from goodness knows where.
2. A cheeky smile and twinkle in the eye.
3. A certain je ne sais quoi in the way he walks, talks and moves.
4. A nice suit and tie.
5. Making me laugh so hard my side hurts.
6. Smooth skin and just enough muscles.
7. When they love me back!

7 things I say most often:
1. That’s the funniest thing I’ve ever heard!
2. Whatever…
3. How ridiculous.
4. What’s for dinner?
5. I win!
6. Love you, bubby.
7. Ya-hah!

7 Books or Series I love:
1. “The Prince in Waiting” Trilogy by John Christopher
2. “Catch 22” by Joseph Heller
3. “The Princess Bride” by William Goldman
4. “HMS Ulysses” by Alistair Maclean
5. Anything by John le Carre, Dick Francis, Jodi Piccoult or LaVyrle Spencer
6. “Ice Station” by Matthew Reilly
7. Harry Potter et al.

7 movies I can watch over and over:
1. Pride and Prejudice (need I say more?)

2. Notting Hill (the last shot is my idea of heaven)
3. Field of Dreams
4. Aliens (my fave film, though it doesn’t quite fit with the rest)
5. The Winslow Boy (Jeremy Northam at his haughty best)
6. Shining Through
7. Bridget Jones’s Diary


7 people I want to join in (tag, you're it):
1.
Nicola Marsh - writer of fabulous, flirty, sexy, mile a minute, modern romance with a twist
2.
Trish Wylie - gorgeous Irish writer who'll make you laugh and sigh all at once
3.
Olivia Gates - wham, bam, action adventure author who'll give you the reading ride of your life
4.
Hannah Bernard - funny, lovely, romantic writer who really makes you feel like it could happen to you
5.
Natasha Oakley - wonderful new English author who tugs at the heartstrings
6.
Liz Fielding - the queen of the warm and fuzzies and giggles galore
7. Kelly Hunter - brand spanking new Modern Extra author - check out the fab excerpt on her new site!

Check out more favourites on my diversions page of my website!