Ally Blake Romance Author - Blog

Latest news from Australian romance author Ally Blake, writer of fun, fresh flirty romance novels.

Thursday 16 July 2009

the cutting room floor :: the weepy movie

In a giving kind of mood I'm giving you all some insight into some bits that hit the cutting room floor when editing my current Harlequin Romance novel DATING THE REBEL TYCOON! Check out this previous post to see what I'm yabbering about.


The question I'm answering for you today is: Which weepy movie did Cameron admit to Rosie he had cried through?




Only one of my favourite movies of all time! And one during which I blubber until my face is so wet I can barely see...Dead Poets Society!
Seriously, can you blame him?


This tidbit was cut from a bar scene which I edited right down because though I thought the dialogue was hilarious ;) it didn't do much in the way of propelling the romance forward of shuffliung it back. Ditching such scenes is one of the crueller parts of this job!


Read more about DATING THE REBEL TYCOON here.
Buy the book here.
And don't forget to come back to see the answers to more cutting room questions over the next few days!

Labels: ,