Ally Blake Romance Author - Blog

Latest news from Australian romance author Ally Blake, writer of fun, fresh flirty romance novels.

Saturday 13 November 2010

that'll teach him

Hubby's day off yesterday so we began with a list of things to do:

  • Pre-admission phone interview for baby hospital at 8:30
  • Me dye hair at 9:00
  • Air-conditioning guy # 3 coming out to give quote @ 10:00
  • Hubby clear foliage from around pool @ 11:00
  • Me off to cafe to write at 1:00
etc.


Unfortunately, the air-conditioning guy hadn't been privy to our list and he arrived a half hour early. Naturally I was upstairs, in my tatty old nighty, hair full of dye, eyebrows same, looking like something out of a horror film. What choice did I have but to allow him upstairs 'cause that'[s where the kids bedrooms are that need the air-conditioning!

Poor guy. By the amazed glint in hubby's eye as I carried on a perfrectly normal conversation with the poor, terrified fellow told me I should be glad I wasn't looking in a mirror ;). Well, lucky for anyone else who ever wants a quote from him he'll know he's meant to be late!