Ally Blake Romance Author - Blog

Latest news from Australian romance author Ally Blake, writer of fun, fresh flirty romance novels.

Monday 6 August 2012

my RWA roomie, folks!

I know I'm a few days late but I had to come here and rave about how excited I am that my friend -  and RWAustralia conference roommate no less! - Fiona Lowe won the RITA!

The book BOOMERANG BRIDE is a ripper, so I reckon she was more shocked than I was ;).  And the award was for Best Contemporary Single Title Romance which is pretty much the Oscar for romance novelists. 

Past winners of that category have been Jennifer Crusie, Rachel Gibson, Kristan Higgins, Susan Wiggs, Nora Roberts, Barbara Samuel, Susan Elizabeth Phillips...  Them's romance writing royalty people!

Can't wait to meet the lady herself when we catch up on the Gold Coast later this month - by lady I mean RITA! Looks heavy enough Fiona might need people to help her cart it around ;).

Check out Fiona's site for her faaaabulous Medical romances.  Grab a copy of Boomerang Bride here.

Labels: ,