Ally Blake Romance Author - Blog

Latest news from Australian romance author Ally Blake, writer of fun, fresh flirty romance novels.

Wednesday 14 June 2006

i'm baa-aack

From a week's holiday. And it was looooovely.

Firstly we travelled to beautiful Townsville. I had such a ball catching up with my gorgeous sister Suze and her fabulous boyfriend Luke. Hi guys! (See Luke, I mentioned you too!)

We drove the length and breadth of Townsville, a wide flat city surrounded by hills and bordered by beach and overlooking the lovely Magnetic Island. Located in North Queensland, the lowest temperature there at the moment is hotter than the highs in Melbourne! Think mid-20 degrees and sunny every day. Hmmm...

We had lunch and Coronas in the sunshine at the C Bar on The Strand. Dinner at Mo-Mos on a fantastic restaurant strip in town. Coffee at inumerable cafes throughout town. Watched the North Queensland Cowboys lose on a hot night at the football. Headed up to the lookout at Castle Hill to overlook the surrounding region. Walked the landscaped beauty of Ross River with their crazy dog Eddie. And chatted up a storm.

Not a bad way to spend a weekend!

Then we headed to Brissy to catch up with our families. My hubby and I got to play with our nephew and godson Lachlan, a big healthy happy boy who turns one in a week.
I had a girly shopping day with my mum, and spent an entire day watching The West Wing on DVD. We also had to watch my footy team lose on a big screen TV and try our best not to blame ourselves for not being back in Melbourne to cheer them on ;).

MOVIES WATCHED:

"The Break Up" - bawled, laughed, cringed at the scenes which sounded like they'd come straight out of my life!
"Must Love Dogs" - funny, sweet, and with Diane Lane and John Cusack you can't go wrong
"The Upside of Anger" - hated it, enuff said!
!
"Eurotrip" - funny! silly! crazy! good value!

Add to that many hours of The West Wing with Mum and Coupling which Suze and Luke bought for me as a pressie! What a gorgeous show. Have any of you watched it before? Brit. Sassy. Hilarious.

BOOKS READ:

"Wife and Mother Wanted" by Nicola Marsh and "Millionaire Dad: Wife Needed" by Natasha Oakley. Both lovely books with such strong voices by two fabulous authors. I wanted more the minute I put them both down. Next girls, please!

Now I'm back, I have a book to finish, an article for the Collingwood website to string together, and a website to update. Busy busy! I have the feeling by the end of the weekend I'll be planning my next break!