Ally Blake Romance Author - Blog

Latest news from Australian romance author Ally Blake, writer of fun, fresh flirty romance novels.

Thursday 30 October 2008

say it ain't so!!!

Joaquin Phoenix has announced he's retiring from acting. I'm shocked, dismayed and most of all saddened. I adore the guy to bits. His quirky, dark good looks, his desperately sad past, his intense and truly inspired acting ability... He's a doll.


He was the best thing about Gladiator, he was disarming and poignant in the wonderful Quills, he was phenomenal in Walk the Line, he took Signs from being a nice mystery movie into a funny, delightful, warm, vibrant film I've seen over thirty times.


When I was 15, I was going to marry River Phoenix. There was no doubt in my mind. I still remember the exact moment I realised that I might have breathed in air that he ahd breathed out...on the other side of the world.


River was something. Joaqhin is something. Here's hoping the bug is too strong and he comes on back. Otherwise I guess Signs will be in my DVD player on a weekly basis for the rest of time!

Labels: