Ally Blake Romance Author - Blog

Latest news from Australian romance author Ally Blake, writer of fun, fresh flirty romance novels.

Monday 26 January 2009

a blast from the past

A couple of days back I had the most wonderful email.

I am on Facebook, privately as well as writingly (I know that ain't a word but it fits for this purpose!!!). And guess who contacted me??? My penpal Myrthe from the Netherlands who I had when I was 12 years old!!!

We haven't spoken since I was about 16, but I still have all of her letters written in long hand on fine, sheer blue paper. And photos and postcards from the trips she took around Europe - boy did they make me envious sitting in my hot Brisbane bedroom looking at photos of her frolicking in the snow! And the lovely Christmas cards her gorgeous mum always sent.

So we've been madly catching up on half a lifetime's worth of news - trips taken, loves experienced, children had. Lovely, lovely, lovely stuff.