Ally Blake Romance Author - Blog

Latest news from Australian romance author Ally Blake, writer of fun, fresh flirty romance novels.

Tuesday 22 March 2011

lovely libraries

One thing I knew I was going to miss about moving from our house in Melbourne was how close I was to my local library. I loved the setting, the layout, the fun of browsing through the aisles and picking up random books in the hopes of discovering a fabulous new author. I also loved the quiet place to write.

And then...like they knew I was coming, a brand new library has just been built near my new home. I went to check it out with Toddler Girl the other day, and it's just beautiful. Serene, modern, groovy, technologically fabulous with an amazing kid's corner. And yesterday I got my first chance to actually write within. Heaven!!!! Picture me bouncing up and down happily on my chair.

Did you know that Australian authors get a stipend depending on how many of their books they have available in Australian libraries? Well, they do. So if there's a book you really want your library to carry, or an author you wish to others might discover, ask your local library to buy up!

And you Aussie authors out there, don't forget March 31st is the last day to register your books for this year's PLR.

Labels: