Ally Blake Romance Author - Blog

Latest news from Australian romance author Ally Blake, writer of fun, fresh flirty romance novels.

Sunday 11 September 2011

Ten years ago today...

...I was washing my hair, getting ready to head to bed as I had an early work thing on in the city the next day.

My hubby came in and told me I had to come check out the TV.  A plane had apparently flown into the World Trade Center.  I huffed and puffed and whinged that I wanted to get to bed.  Then stomped out to the lounge, figuring it was all a hoax and I'd give the news five minutes to tell me otherwise.

Several hours later I was still sitting there, perched on the edge of the chair, hair wet in its towel turban, eyes gritty from having no more tears left to cry.


I love New York city like it's a second home.  I'd been there exactly a year before 9/11 on my honeymoon.  My husband and I went back three years after and the difference was keenly felt.   My Mum, the fab woman, ran the New York Marathon a month after 9/11, for her first and only time, at the age of 53.


My heart goes out to all for whom it feels like it happened yesterday.


xXx







Labels: ,