Ally Blake Romance Author - Blog

Latest news from Australian romance author Ally Blake, writer of fun, fresh flirty romance novels.

Thursday 17 July 2014

writing what you know

One of the best things about writing for a living is that everything is research; eavesdropping, navel-gazing, googling pictures of Justice Joslin…

And travel.

I’ve done a bit of travelling in my time.  Europe, North America, bits and pieces of my home country of Australia.  And every time I go anywhere new I do so with a notebook, a pen, and a wide open imagination, meaning many of the places I’ve been have ended up in books.

Paris (Steamy Surrender)
Tuscany (A Mother for His Daughter)
Venice (The Secret Wedding Dress)
Louisiana (When Honey Got Married…)

My latest Harlequin Kiss is set in the fictional beachside town of Crescent Bay but most of the locales were based on a week I spent in Palm Cove in Far North Queensland.
 
It’s a resort town, with local shops, gorgeous resorts, pristine white beaches, island hopper boats to schlep you out to the Great Barrier Reef as well as lots of untouched local colour.  All of which is imbedded on my brain from my holiday there years ago which I hope helped make Crescent Cove feel like a real place, a warm place, a place you’d love to visit.


Then again I don’t know.   Justice Joslin, and googling pictures of him, helped the book just fine too J.  (Check out the Pinterest board for this book and you'll know what I mean :))
 
Happy reading
Ally
xXx

HER HOTTEST SUMMER YET
out now thru #HarlequinKiss - Amazon

(THE HEAT OF THE NIGHT - book two of Those Summer Nights - by Amy Andrews is out next month!)

Labels: , ,