Ally Blake Romance Author - Blog

Latest news from Australian romance author Ally Blake, writer of fun, fresh flirty romance novels.

Tuesday 30 March 2010

recipe for yumminess!!!

Toddler girl won't eat veges. In fact she'd eat nothing but cheese all day if she had the choice. (Tho, seriously, can you blame her?)

So I was tricky and made Flo's pumpkin scones!

Oh...My...Word they are heaven. Fat, fluffy, and deeelicious. Add a glob of butter and you'll barely be able to breathe through the groans of gastronomical pleasure. If I do say so myself ;).

Got time on your hands and a gap in your tummy? If so, here's the recipe for Pumpkin Scones, by way of my mum, by way of my aunt, by way of my grandmother, by way of Lady Flo.

RECIPE:
Ingredients
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 egg
1 cup mashed pumpkin (cold)
2 - 2 1/4 cups Self raising flour
Method
Beat together butter, sugar and salt with electric mixer.
Add egg, then pumpkin and stir in the flour.
Turn on to floured board and cut.
Place in tray on top shelf of very hot oven 225-250 degrees.
Cook for 12-15 minutes.

Labels: