Ally Blake Romance Author - Blog

Latest news from Australian romance author Ally Blake, writer of fun, fresh flirty romance novels.

Monday 4 September 2006

oh no... not again!

Okay, so I have a book due in a month. My word count is humming along nicely. I love the storyline, and I just adore my heroine Brooke! She is stubborn, strong and sassy. A yummy mummy with a core of steel.

Now, here's the kicker. Somehow I have hit the same point I did when writing BILLIONAIRE ON HER DOORSTEP. My hero Danny is shifting and changing before my eyes, fading and floating away, not as sharp and definite in my mind as I would like for him to be. The last time this happened Trish Wylie and I almost came to fisticuffs over my use of her darling Nathan, and though I wouldn't want to go there again - * shiver * - I need help!

First I started off with the gooooorgeous Josh Duhamel from Las Vegas and Tad Hamilton fame.

I have become a Las Vegas groupie over this last season and it has a looot to do with this guy. He is sexy, funny, and sweet as apple pie. Just when you think butter wouldn't melt in his mouth he says or does something that makes your cheeks burn at a hundred degrees!

Next, while at a collaging seminar with Barbara Hannay, I found this picture of Harry Connick Jr.

I love this guy. I own all of his CDs have seen him in concert and could watch him in interview for the rest of time. He is charming, witty, smart as a whip and a gentleman to boot. and in this picture I think he is more mysterious and experienced looking than Josh.

But still, even with this guy in mind, Danny is as illusive as a puff of smoke.

Then yesterday I found this picture of David Beckham in a magazine.

Forget the high pitched voice and the scary wife. The guy is beautiful. And in this picture I love his hair, his mouth, his stubble, his leanness, his clothes, and I especially loooove the look in his eyes. Unsettling don' t you think? Doesn't it make you want to look away, or look back forever? There is a gleam. An understanding.

So what do you think? If you were to fall in love with a smart-talking, charismatic sports agent which one would he be? Of course I could always go to the Pink Heart Society Male on Monday page once a week and find inspiration enough to burn out my eyeballs, but remember this thing is due in a month!


p.s. I make no promises to listen to any of your advice, heck I may even go as far as to ignore it all completely but I'm hoping that it might shove me in the direction I need to go!