Ally Blake Romance Author - Blog

Latest news from Australian romance author Ally Blake, writer of fun, fresh flirty romance novels.

Thursday 24 January 2008

hanky panky ensues

This is Ava. the heroine of my current Modern Heat WIP, HANKY PANKY.

And I have to say my Glimore Girls jag is helping form her in my mind. She is the sister of my hero from THE MAGNATE'S INDECENT PROPOSAL and though she doens't make an appearance in that book, she is mentioned. A perennial student off at Harvard. So having Rory Glimore front and centre in my mind is just a bonus.

Though my Ava is a good ten years older, looks more like Amanda Peet and comes from a very different background anything that helps get the creative juices flowing is much appreciated. Especially when one's brain is like cotton wool after my poor little Miss Boo has had a few days of being "unsettled".

This is Caleb. The hero of my WIP.

He is the best friend of the hero of THE MAGNATE'S INDECENT PROPOSAL. I'd like to say that I have needed some kind of equally representative, philosophical, creative mode of inspiration when trying to connect with him. But come on... Look at the guy. God did enough creating for all of us when he built this guy ;).

And speaking of Modern Heat, do keep your ears and eyes open come February as we Modern Heat authors are cooking up some fun and games for you!

Labels: ,