Ally Blake Romance Author - Blog

Latest news from Australian romance author Ally Blake, writer of fun, fresh flirty romance novels.

Monday 14 April 2008

touched

I just had an email from Marianne at The Long and the Short of It, a romance review site, to say that off their own bat they had kindly reviewd FALLING FOR THE REBEL HEIR. How nice is that? Especially nice considering the review was so lovely I feel rightly chuffed about now!

Here 'tis for my viewing pleasure ;)...

What a wonderfully tender romance!

Kendall York had great love and great tragedy in her past, and has opted to take the safe, sure road for her life. She lives a quiet life in the same town she’s always lived in, and works hard to overcome the stigma of a past error.

Hudson “Hud” Bennington III comes back to the only home he ever really knew to heal both his body and his soul, and stumbles across a mermaid in the pool at his estate. He’s immediately drawn to Kendall and, in order to keep her close, asks her to help him type his memoir.

This story had little real external conflict and was really about two hurting people helping each other to heal. Normally, a story with so little conflict would bore me to tears, but I couldn’t stand to put this book down. The author has crafted such incredibly rich characters, and the emotion in the book was dramatic and heart-rending. I was well and truly hooked.

I laughed, I cried, my heart swelled with emotion and broke in agony right along with Kendall and Hud. Creating such deep, three-dimensional characters with the word count restrictions of a category romance can’t have been easy, but it was oh-so well done. The story was complete and interesting and, despite this being a “sweet” romance, the sexual tension was strong and urgent.

I can’t speak highly enough of this story. If you prefer depth of character over edge-of-your-seat plot, you’re sure to love this book.

Labels: ,