Ally Blake Romance Author - Blog

Latest news from Australian romance author Ally Blake, writer of fun, fresh flirty romance novels.

Monday 9 February 2009

fire

My heart and thoughts go out to all of those affected by the bushfires raging across my beautiful home state of Victoria. Country Victorians are suffering through the greatest natural disaster to have hit our country in recent times and it's not at an end.

In the days since Saturday I've had my husband's Aunt on the phone as flames spread across the hills beyond her front door in Wallan. Dear family friends - thankfully - visiting my parents interstate at the exact time their entire town was burnt to the ground in Marysville. And another mate - again so thankfully - having moved out of his home near Healesville on Friday and not there as the house burnt to the ground on Saturday. He's now joined up as a volunteer fire fighter to do what he can to help.

All those I love are safe. So many have been not nearly so lucky.

My heart. My thoughts.

Anyone wishing to donate to help those poor devastated, broken famiiles affected can give to the Victorian Bushfires Appeal on 1800 811 700.