Ally Blake Romance Author - Blog

Latest news from Australian romance author Ally Blake, writer of fun, fresh flirty romance novels.

Wednesday 28 October 2009

i heart the "meet-cute", how 'bout you?

Check out the faaabulous I Heart Presents site - the destination for lovers of all things Harlequin Presents - today!


Why? 'Cause I'm bloogging thereupon about the classic Hollywood set-up, the "meet-cute" and how it's just as relevent in romance novels. "What's a meet-cute?" I hear you say. Well, Eli Wallach's character in The Holiday, an old screenwriting ace who befriends Kate Winslet, sum it up thus:


"Say a man and a woman both need something to sleep in and both go to the same men's pajama department. The man says to the salesman Ted, I just need bottoms, and the woman says, I just need a top. They look at each other and that's the meet-cute."


My latest Harlequin Presents, GETTING RED-HOT WITH THE ROGUE, has a "meet-cute" all of it's own. Come over to I Heart Presents, see what it is, and tell us your fave "meet-cute" story!

Labels: