Ally Blake Romance Author - Blog

Latest news from Australian romance author Ally Blake, writer of fun, fresh flirty romance novels.

Thursday 15 July 2010

revisions... yum!

Revisions arrived in my inbox today for my latest Modern Heat, working title THE LONG WEEKEND. I love revisions. Love 'em. Adooore them. The question is, Why?

* Is the feel of a red pen clasped in my hand as I slash and burn my way through an overly long, freshly printed manuscript a nod to my stationery addiction? Add to that a new bulldog clip, and highlighters, and sharpened pencils, and...okay, I'm starting to get flushed ;).

* Is it the "aha!" moment that comes from having a second set of eyes pointing out the bumps and rises in the road that I was always too close to see? More rises than bumps always a good thing!

* Is it the chance to revisit much-loved characters one last time before they head off into the unknown together? Bradley and Hannah have been a particular joy. Funny, sexy, all the better off for finding one another.

* Is it the knowledge that the book will be all the better for the revising.

You know what? I reckon it's all of the above. Of course I could be kidding myself. It's probably the crumbly, delicious, raspberry and white chocolate muffin awaiting me at my fave cafe where I'll be doing the revising!

Labels: , ,