Ally Blake Romance Author - Blog

Latest news from Australian romance author Ally Blake, writer of fun, fresh flirty romance novels.

Monday 10 October 2011

I'm reading...little earthquakes

I've been on a bit of a Jennifer Weiner glom of late.  (She wrote Good in Bed and In Her Shoes which is just one of my fave movies ever.)  First up I read Little Earthquakes which is the story of four mums and the struggles and bliss that come with the first 9 months of their bub's lives and their friendship.

My littlest has just turned 9 months so it was so accidentally timely, but that's not why I loved it.  This book was rich and delicate and feisty and real.  Enjoyed it so much I dived into Certain Girls -  the follow up to Good in Bed - which I'm having a great time with too.

In Jen's fabulous 'For Writers' page on her website, she also suggests - among other things - that if you want to get published you ought to read Harlequin novels.  How can I not love her?!


Grab Little Earthquakes and Certain Girls from the Book Depository for free delivery worldwide!Follow me on Good Reads.