Ally Blake Romance Author - Blog

Latest news from Australian romance author Ally Blake, writer of fun, fresh flirty romance novels.

Sunday 26 August 2012

happy birthday to my man!

So Friday was my husband's "significant birthday", and in the lead up I'd set him up with a list of things he'd been wanting to do for ages but never found the time.

One day he went fishing.  Another he took our daughter for a daddy daughter day to his work.  On the night I'd organised an awesome surprise party and along came lots of friends we haven't seen in ages.  I'm a terrible liar so the fact that I was able to pull it off was amazing to us both!

Also, on the morning of, he went off to get himself two new tattoos.  (Before that he had one, a small magpie on his ankle for his beloved footy team, the Collingwood Magpies.  He was 25 when he got the first and at the time I'd joked he'd have to wait another 25 years before I let him get another.  Excellent wife that I am he didn't have to wait that long ;).)

Anyhoo, here is the pic I sent all our friends of Mark getting a tattoo.  It's a total fake, made from a simple photo app on my phone.  Yet most of our friends actually believed he was getting a huge tattoo of me on his arm!!!

The funniest part?  The only ones who "liked" it on Facebook were women ;).