Ally Blake Romance Author - Blog

Latest news from Australian romance author Ally Blake, writer of fun, fresh flirty romance novels.

Saturday 15 September 2012

Revisions: Rewriting, Editing, Proof-reading...Oh My

Over at my website I've loaded a new "Writing Tips" page based upon the "Revisions: Rewriting, Editing, Proof-reading...Oh My!" workshop I took at the recent Romance Writers of Australia conference on the Gold Coast.

The workshop went on the premise that "writing is rewriting".   That rewriting begins from the moment you have the first idea.  Which is kind of daunting, but kind of exhilerating at the same time.

This picture is the view from my lecturn about five minutes before the talk began.   You'll see even my talk notes were covered in scrawled changes.  Revisions you might say ;).
You can find the workshop notes here.

Labels: , ,