Ally Blake Romance Author - Blog

Latest news from Australian romance author Ally Blake, writer of fun, fresh flirty romance novels.

Monday 22 September 2008

the 'magnate's' melbourne

Nicola Marsh and I parked in the city one recent night on our way to have dinner with a host of fabulous Harlequin authors.

The parking garage looked innocuous enough; grey slabs of concrete, reserved parks empty of the cars that lived in the during the day. The lift, much the same. And then it opened onto the lobby level and...oh my.

Marble floors, copper domes and double glazed tinted glass, and glossy granite, sandstone and bluestone as far as the eye could see. This was the kind of place where men in suits are born to work.

I had no idea where we had landed - only that I looooved it - until we hit the street. And there I was by a bulding I had walked past many a time and admired from afar.

I give you 333 Collins Street, the building in which my Magnate, my Damien, my hero in this month's Harlequin Presents, THE MAGNATE'S INDECENT PROPOSAL, peddles his wares.

Collins Street is known as the Paris end of Melbourne. Beautiful architecture, gorgeous high end shops, the most elegant hotels, foliage that looks delicate and pretty in summer and stark and austere in winter. It's one of my very favourite areas of a city I love. Thankfully for Damien Halliburton, I finally met a hero worthy of walking that hallowed road. Who knows what heroes may come to life now I know about that goooorgeous lobby!

To find out why Damien and 333 Collins are a perfect fit, check out an excerpt here.

THE MAGNATE'S INDECENT PROPOSAL is out now across North America!
buy it now at eHarlequin
Waldenbooks Bestseller ~ Romantic Times 4 1/2 star Top Pick

Labels: ,