Ally Blake Romance Author - Blog

Latest news from Australian romance author Ally Blake, writer of fun, fresh flirty romance novels.

Tuesday 10 November 2009

getting red-hot with the rogue...'s heroine!

This is Wynnie Devereaux.

Okay, so it's not really her. Obviously it's the lovely Natalie Portman! But this is the picture that helped connect me to my current Harlequin Presents release, GETTING RED-HOT WITH THE ROGUE, at night after spending my days battling morning sickness and running around after a newly walking toddler.

One of the beauties of "collaging" a character is that pictures I keep on file because they evoke some kind of emotioanl reaction in me - I find them pretty, or evocative, or uncomfortbale, or they have outfits I wish I owned ;) - can, further on down the line, inspire so much more. They can inspire whole scenes, they can inspire entire plot lines, they can inspire the most subtle character traits and most major turning points.

Here are some pictures that, whether by way of an expression, an outfit I adored, or a setting that spoke to me ended up inspiring moments in GETTING RED-HOT WITH THE ROGUE.

Another benefit is the hours upon hours a writer must spend Googling piccies of yummy men ;).

Watch this space to see how my hero research turned out for GETTING RED-HOT WITH THE ROGUE!

published through Harlequin Presents
out now across North America!

Labels: ,