Ally Blake Romance Author - Blog

Latest news from Australian romance author Ally Blake, writer of fun, fresh flirty romance novels.

Thursday 1 November 2007

sizzle, seduce & simmer

Tonight was my first ever book launch! "And it was super special for many, many reasons...

It was for a book for which I am particularly proud; the Sizzle Seduce & Simmer recipe and romance collection as collated by Marion Lennox and chocca block full of stories written by my fave Aussie romance authors and some great freinds.

I got to catch up with several fabulous authors and some gorgeous RWA members I haven't seen in a couple of years. Lots of hugs, kisses, gossip, chatter and general giggles abounded.

I sat next to my friend Nic as we signed what felt like a hundred books! Though baby brain being what it is I kept signing and forgetting to pass the book to her, as though she was irrelevant to the whole process ;).

And lastly because none of us were sure I'd make it. There was general surprise as I came in with my big baby bump still intact. Waddled in in fact, surprised at myself for finding an outfit that didn't consist of track pants and slippers ;).

Had a ball. Sold heaps of books. Marion Lennox, Anne Gracie and Stephanie Laurens did a wonderful job of launching the collection. We all looked fabulous in our specially made aprons with the book cover splashed across the front.

I left the gals to trundle off to party into the night while I waddled back home to put my feet up. All in all a fantabulous night!!!

Now go buy the book and see what the fuss is all about!!!

MIRA - Australia & New Zealand
buy here ~ read an excerpt here!

Labels: