Ally Blake Romance Author - Blog

Latest news from Australian romance author Ally Blake, writer of fun, fresh flirty romance novels.

Sunday 11 May 2008

happy mothers day to me!

After having a lovely lunch with my hubby and our adorable little miss for Mothers Day today, I came home to the lovely news that my MILLIONAIRE TO THE RESCUE has been nominated for a Booksellers Best Award!!!

This was a tricky book to write, one that took an age to nail the hero and it has been nominated for all sorts of awards so far including the Romantic Times Reviewers Choice Award and it won a cataromance award for best Harlequin Romance. The other wonderful nominees in the Traditional category are:

Best Friend - Future Wife by Claire Baxter
The Italian's Wife By Sunset by Lucy Gordon
Hired By The Cowboy by Donna Alward
His Christmas Angel by Michelle Douglas


I have to say how wonderful this group is because three of us are Australian, a forth is a fellow Pink Heart Society editor and the fifth has a website designed by me! I feel so blessed to be in such lovely company.

The book is still available on Amazon.

and...

I have found out that I have an article in the May 17th edition of the Aussie magazine New Idea which hits news stands across Australia...tomorrow!

A super fun journo/photographer couple came over for a chat and a giggle way back when my little girl was under two months old. Not surprisingly the article didn't show up in the magazine that week. How could I possibly compete with the Angelina Jolies and Lindsay Lohan's of the world???

Now I just have to wait and see what my post baby cheeks, and I mean the ones on my face, look like in the piccie. Eek!

Labels: , , ,