Ally Blake Romance Author - Blog

Latest news from Australian romance author Ally Blake, writer of fun, fresh flirty romance novels.

Monday 23 November 2009

inspiration

Ah the joys of being near the beginning of writing a new book. All that lovely white space and infinite possibility.

This book is a Modern Heat and the heroine, Rylie, has appeared in my last couple of books DATING THE REBEL TYCOON & GETTING RED-HOT WITH THE ROGUE (out now through Harlequin Presents!).

The minute I tried to think who might drive Rylie crazy, Max ambled out of the shadows and leaned sexily against a nearby wall and that was that. I'm near enough the beginning to be finding sparks of inspiration all over the joint and near enough the end to be able to see how it's all going to fit together.

Working Title: Blush. So far the idea hasn't come into play all that much, but I have ideas. And am sitting on the edge of my seat in anticpation of when it does.

I'm listening to: Bon Jovi's Slippery When Wet. Can't believe I still know all the words. My hero Max absolutely must be a fan. Funny scene coming to mind right now.

I'm googling: piccies of my perennial muse, the darkly handsome Christian Bale and the fabulously whimsical and smart as a whip Drew Barrymore. Scene upon scene opening up before me. Nto enough words left to fit them all in! Must pull myself back.

Labels: ,