Ally Blake Romance Author - Blog

Latest news from Australian romance author Ally Blake, writer of fun, fresh flirty romance novels.

Wednesday 28 June 2006

a facelift

In celebration of receiving my next book in my hot little hands, my website and blog have been given a facelift! New design, new colours, tonnes of new author links, as well as the crowd favourites including excerpts from all of my books, monthly news updates, and links to old blog posts.

for writers

My website has some new pages too. I have added a couple of writing articles, including one about the Changing Face of Romance which I gave at a literary festival earlier this year. In the article I talk about the influence of popular culture, and changes in society on contemporary romance trends.

for readers

I also have new pages all about the two faces of Australia; the city, which is all about my beautiful home town of Melbourne, and the country, which is all about the many faces of the Australian outback, both of which feature highly in all of my books.
WANTED: OUTBACK WIFE, is a mix of the two, with a little bit of London thrown in for good measure. To find out how this book came to be, check out the story notes page.

Here's a little teaser about the book:

Londoner Jodie Simpson needs to land a Melbourne husband - and quick. But can she and her friends pull this off with only six weeks until her working visa runs out?

Can they ever! Suddenly this shy British girl finds herself with a plethora of males willing to be the other half of her two year marriage deal including her neighbour Scott who has a penchant for mesh shirts, Barnaby the visual merchandiser whose favourite gay bar is just around the corner from her apartment, or the funeral director with the gravity defying Adam's apple.

Of course, even though he lives in the Outback, miles from her adopted city, has more brothers and sisters than she has family in the whole world, and he makes her feel like this project could last more than the allotted two years, there is always Heath Jameson...


WANTED: OUTBACK WIFE, available now at Amazon...