Ally Blake Romance Author - Blog

Latest news from Australian romance author Ally Blake, writer of fun, fresh flirty romance novels.

Sunday 24 September 2006

my space, my pink face

Okay, now did I just mention I celebrated my sixth wedding anniversary a few days ago? Well, keep that in mind as I regale you with the events of my day.

A couple of days ago I signed up to a My Space account. I've heard that name bandied about a bit, including on Australian Idol the other night, and I thought Maybe I ought to have a web presence on there for my books and stuff.
So I loaded up my basic details into an account, posted a piccie from my website with plans to look into it all more when I have some spare time.

And then today I received some messages. From young men. Wondering when I would like to meet them for a romantic dinner, or a chat, or show them around as they are coming to my home town in three weeks time. Oh god!!! Is that what My Space is really all about? I'm asking! Seriously!

I tell ya, I laughed until I cried. Belly laughter. The kind of laughter that you can feel in your toes. The kind that gives you hiccups and a sore throat and makes you feel as though you are going to faint if you don't stop right now. I'm an old married woman for goodness sake!

Anyhoo, I'm off now to delete my account now before any other poor souls fall madly in love with me ;). Though thinking about it now, once I have my book away I will have some time up my sleeve to show someone around my home town...