Ally Blake Romance Author - Blog

Latest news from Australian romance author Ally Blake, writer of fun, fresh flirty romance novels.

Monday 10 September 2007

what a weekend!

First, on Friday, my little sister had a baby. Scroll down to see a picture of the darling little man, my nephew Rory. Boy does that sound lovely to be able to say!

Then on Saturday my football team, the heavenly Collingwood Magpies, won their first elimination final to make it through to the second week of the AFL finals. A ripper of a game it was. Tough, no holds barred, skilled. And as usual the bub came out dancing when their song was played!

And Sunday was my very last day at my "day" job which I continued working at since I sold my first book four years ago. It was such a fun day - I was given pressies, biccies were made for me, and I received the huuuuugest bunch of pink roses. Soooo sweet. I got lots of hugs and kisses, there were a few tears even though I know I'll be seeing the girls there lots as I've made some gorgeous friends there over the years.

And when I left I wasn't sure how I'd feel, having worked for the lovely company for over 6 years. But you know what? I floated all the way home with a huge grin on my face. For today the next phase of my life truly begins. Less than eight weeks until the Scamp comes a knocking. Wow...

Labels: