Ally Blake Romance Author - Blog

Latest news from Australian romance author Ally Blake, writer of fun, fresh flirty romance novels.

Saturday 25 August 2007

music, the food of love

As is always the way just as I'm getting on a fabulous roll with my new Romance, I've had a second set of revisions arrive for my MX. I blame happy hormones for my still being too nice to my characters. No more, I tell you. They have no idea what's about to hit them!

And to help, I have this gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous, romantic, heart breaking song to guide me through the brand new black moment. I can't picture Chelsea and Damien on the dancefloor in one another's arms without feeling all teary. Needless to say they won't be smiling like this for long...

George Michael's A Different Corner.

I'd say love was a magical flame
I'd say love would keep us from pain
Had I been there, had I been there

I would promise you all of my life
But to lose you would cut like a knife
So I don't dare, no I don't dare

'Cause I've never come close in all of these years
You are the only one to stop my tears
And I'm so scared, I'm so scared

Take me back in time maybe I can forget
Turn a different corner and we never would have met
Would you care

I don't understand it, for you it's a breeze
Little by little you've brought me to my knees
Don't you care

No I've never come close in all of these years
You are the only one to stop my tears
I'm so scared of this love

And if all that there is, is this fear of being used
I should go back to being lonely and confused
If I could, I would, I swear

You can listen to the song at Yahoo Music. If any of you have his Best Of, have a listen. It's truly beautiful. Other gals who use soudntrack songs are the likes of Trish Wylie and Kate Hardy, so I'm not totally loony!

Labels: ,