Ally Blake Romance Author - Blog

Latest news from Australian romance author Ally Blake, writer of fun, fresh flirty romance novels.

Saturday 1 July 2006

love is all we need: part two

I was asked to write a short paragraph on the subject: Is love all we need? This was my response:
heart,valentine,love
"Just as I would like to think that I can live on M&Ms alone, it would be nice to really believe it when saying something ardently romantic like “love is all we need”. But it just ain’t so.

People need oxygen. People need air. People need to keep their internal organs above a particular temperature. So far need doesn’t really sound like a whole lot of fun does it? Nuh-uh. The fun stuff is in what people want. And people want validation, affection, companionship, they want to be heard, and they want those fabulous anomalous tummy tingles one feels every time one makes eye contact with the one they love.

The stuff we want is what sustains us emotionally, and that’s the reason why we continue drawing upon the stuff we need so that we have as many years on this planet as we possibly can to take pleasure in the things we want.

Love isn’t all we need, but for this lifetime of ours to be any good we do all need love. And M&Ms."


I also ran a contest to see who out there could give me the bestest response to the question. I had so many great ones. Funny, moving, clever, sad, hopeful...

The winner of the prize, an advance copy of my November Silhouette Romance release, HOW TO MARRY A BILLIONAIRE, is Dominic Gagliardi. The book and some other goodies will be winging his way!