Ally Blake Romance Author - Blog

Latest news from Australian romance author Ally Blake, writer of fun, fresh flirty romance novels.

Wednesday 8 June 2011

I'm reading... SOMETHING BORROWED

I’m a sucker for a movie tie in and always like to read the book first. I’ve picked up some great books that way. In Her Shoes being one. Great book. Awesome film. I even took an American Literature class at uni simply because I wanted to read Age of Innocence before I saw the film! I was young ;).

Something Borrowed by Emily Giffin is my latest.

It took me a while to get into this one as its very narrative/back story heavy at the beginning and I was itching for some real live human interaction between the characters.

But now the story has kicked into gear I’m enjoying it thoroughly. The heroine’s an uptight good girl who’s done a very bad thing with her best friend’s fiancé, but even with those two strikes against her, I want her to come out okay in the end! And I’m intrigued as to whether the guy whose predominant in her life (her best friend’s fiancé who's actually quite likeable even while being so bad!) will be the hero in the end or if someone in the wings will stand up and be counted. But to me the most important part is the issue of a toxic friendship. How many of us have been there?

If a book has me thinking about when I can next find time to read it and I count that as a ripper read. Hope it continues to be just as gripping!

Buy the book ~ Emily Giffin's website

Labels: